Assam relaxes restrictions on the mobility of persons in 8 districts. The Assam government announced new rules on Monday addressing COVID-related limitations. Enabling individuals to travel freely between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. in eight districts with less than 400 positive cases.
South Salmara, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Majuli, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, Charaideo, and Udalguri is among the eight districts.
The state government has issued the following instructions. Which will take effect at 5 a.m. on June 22 and will stay in effect until further notice:
A. Urban and rural containment zones:
If the test positive for COVID-19 in any region exceeds 5% in urban areas and 10% in rural areas during the past week. The district magistrate will designate such areas as containment zones and implement appropriate containment measures for COVID-19.
1) Individuals shall be prohibited from 2 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily in the Kamrup Metropolitan area, owing to the declining trend of COVID-19 cases, including a reduction in the daily caseload.
2) In the districts of South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, and Charaideo. Where the cumulative number of positive cases is less than 400 in the last ten days, the lockdown-like conditions are hereby relaxes and individuals get permits to move freely between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.
3) Districts with consistently high cumulative and daily case counts, particularly Cachar and Tinsukia. Dibrugarh, Sonitpur, and Nagaon will be particularly closely monitoring mode. If the COV1D status in certain areas does not improve, additional limitations may be implements.
4) In areas other than those specified in 1 and 2, the limitations imposed on June 4 must remain in effect until further notice, i.e. a complete prohibition on individual movement from 1 pm to 5 am every day.
6) Government and private offices and businesses may operate until 4 p.m. in eight districts, until 1 p.m. In the Kamrup Metropolitan area, and until 12 p.m. in the other districts.
7) In the eight districts, shops and commercial enterprises may stay open until 4 p.m.; in the Kamrup Metropolitan area, they may remain open until 1 p.m.; and in the other districts, they may remain open until 12 p.m.
8) Dine-in services are allow at restaurants, dhabas, and other eateries till 4 p.m. in eight districts, 1 p.m. in the Kamrup Metropolitan area. And 12 p.m. in the other districts.
9) Food products may be taken away from restaurants, dhabas, and other eateries until 5 p.m. in eight districts, until 2 p.m. in the Kamrup Metropolitan area, and until 1 p.m. in the other districts.
10) Cold storage and warehouse sales counters, showrooms, and similar establishments may be open until 4 p.m. in eight districts. !, 1 p.m. in the Kamrup Metropolitan district, and 12 p.m. in the other districts.
11) All government and private-sector workers who have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccination are required to report to work on a daily basis.