A Science Expo and Competition for PUC students recently took place at Maharaja Institute of Technology Mysore (MITM) in Mysore/Mysuru. The event attracted 100 participants from 25 teams representing various PU Colleges from across the Mysuru district. N.V. Dinesh of Dinesh Coaching Centre, the chief guest, inaugurated the event and delivered a motivating speech to the eager students. The presence of Dr. B.G. Naresh Kumar, Principal, MITM, Dr. T. Vasudev, Secretary, MET, Dr. S. Murali, President, MET, A.M. Aniruddha, Administrative Officer, and the Staff Coordinators added prestige to the occasion.
Winners and Projects
The prize winners of the Science Expo and Competition are as follows:
- 1st prize (Rs. 20,000) – Jnanodaya PU College for the project titled ‘Smart City’
- 2nd prize (Rs. 15,000) – Notre Dame PU College for the project titled ‘Into the Micro Cosmos’
- 3rd prize (Rs. 10,000) – Gopalaswamy PU College for the project titled ‘All in Robot’
Consolation Prize Winners
Furthermore, the following colleges secured consolation prizes:
- MMK Independent PU College, H.D. Kote, for ‘Renewable Resources’
- Jnanodaya PU College for ‘Role of block chain in secured digital India’
- Sadvidya Semi-Residential PU College for the project titled ‘SMS Controlled Water Pump’
These innovative projects displayed the exceptional skills and creativity of the PUC students, and we congratulate all the winners for their remarkable achievements.
Significance of the Event
The Science Expo and Competition not only provided a platform for students to showcase their talents but also fostered a spirit of healthy competition and innovation. It served as a valuable learning experience for all the participants and encouraged them to pursue excellence in the field of science and technology.
Events such as this contribute to the overall development of the students and instill in them the importance of research, experimentation, and critical thinking.
The success of the Science Expo and Competition is a testament to the dedication and hard work of the organizing committee, the participating colleges, and the students themselves. Their commitment to promoting scientific knowledge and creativity is commendable.
We look forward to more such events in the future, nurturing the budding scientists and innovators of tomorrow.