Table of Contents
Assam Government Introduces Digital Caste Certificate Issuance
In a significant step towards digital India, the Assam Government has launched a Caste Certificate Online service for the people of Assam belonging to Scheduled Cast(SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST), Other Backward Classes(OBC), and MOBC communities. The launch of the Mission Bhumiputra Portal was officiated by the Honorable Chief Minister of Assam Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma on 1st August 2022. This digital platform, developed by the Assam Electronics Development Corporation Ltd.(AMTRON), enables the issuance of caste certificates for eligible communities in Assam.
Mission Bhumiputra: Key Details
– Portal Name: Mission Bhumiputra
– Date of Launch: 1st August 2022
– Certificates Issued: Cast Certificate for Scheduled Cast(SC), Cast Certificate for Scheduled Tribe(ST), and Cast Certificate for Other Backward Classes(OBC)
– Apply Link 1: Mission Bhumiputra Portal
– Apply Link 2: ARTPS Bhumiputra Portal
Eligibility Criteria for Bhumiputra/Caste Certificate
To apply for a Bhumiputra/Caste Certificate, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
– Belong to Scheduled Cast(SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST), and Other Backward Classes(OBC) communities of Assam
– Be a permanent resident of Assam, India, and may require a PRC certification to prove residency
Supporting Documents Required for New Application
When applying for a new Bhumiputra/Caste Certificate, the following documents are required:
1. Applicant’s Photo
2. Proof of Date of Birth (e.g., Birth Certificate, Aadhaar Card, PAN, Admit Card issued by any recognized Board)
3. Proof of Residence (e.g., Permanent Resident Certificate, Aadhaar Card, EPIC, Land Document, Electricity Bill, Ration Card of Applicant or Parent)
4. Caste Certificate of Father OR Recommendation of authorized caste/tribe/community organization notified by State Govt.
5. Any other relevant document (e.g., Voter List, Affidavit, Existing Caste Certificate, etc.)
6. Scanned Copy of the Application Form
How to Apply for Bhumiputra Cast Certificate Online
Applying for a Bhumiputra Caste certificate can be done through two methods:
Method 1: Mission Bhumiputra Portal
To apply via the Mission Bhumiputra Portal, follow these steps:
– Create an account and log in to the portal
– Fill in the required information and upload the necessary documents
– Pay the online fee of Rs. 30 and print the acknowledgment receipt
– Download the original certificate after 30 days if the application is accepted by the Government
Method 2: ARTPS Portal
To apply for a Bhumiputra or Caste certificate via the ARTPS portal, follow these steps:
– Click here
– Enter your mobile number and fill in the form
– Upload the required documents
– Pay the online fee of Rs. 40 and print the acknowledgment receipt for future reference
Tracking your Bhumiputra Caste Certificate
To track the status of a Bhumiputra Certificate applied via the Mission Bhumiputra Portal, visit this link and enter the application number.
For tracking the Bhumiputra caste certificate on the ARTPS portal, visit this link and enter the reference number.
This pioneering initiative by the Assam Government brings fundamental services online, making it more accessible and convenient for the citizens of Assam to obtain essential certificates. With the digitalization of caste certificate issuance, the Government aims to streamline the process and provide efficient services to the eligible communities.